Wednesday, October 3, 2012

DIY: Studded Blazer

Happy Wednesday. I had chance to finish a DIY, hooray! This one is a quick one and I have got a ton of compliments on this blazer. I bought this blazer at the thrift store last fall. I liked it because of the herringbone print and contrasting material on the sleeves. It needed a little embellishment (not really), so I had been holding onto these spikes that I got from my trip in NYC. I decided they were meant for this blazer. I know I have been doing lots of DIY's involving embellishing, but I just love it. I can't promise this will be my last, I still may have a DIY or two up my sleeve.




For this project you need the following materials:

A blazer, I thrifted this one for $5.00 last fall.

I got these spikes on my trip to NYC, but you can get them online M&J Trimmings.

These are 3/8" Tiny spike w/screw and are here.
I found this pin utensil in the metal section of Hobby Lobby


Step 1: Start in the top right hand corner of the lapel of the blazer. Push the pin tool threw and twist to form a hole.


Step 2:Then, push the spike threw and twist on. You can use a flat head screw driver to make sure they are on tight.

Step 3: Measure 2 inches from the spike. I used a tape measure. Then insert the pin tool and repeat step 1.

Step 4: Keep repeating the measuring and inserting the spike around the lapel.

Step 5: Continue until the bottom of the lapel is complete and your studded blazer is finished.



Now, I have added a little edge to a conservative blazer.


Have you embellished anything lately? Do you have any printed blazers for fall?


Linking up at The Pleated Poppy.

5 comments:

  1. What a clever idea although I would say YOU add the edge to the conservative blazer. Love it with the skinny jeans and attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos. Love it! I want to do this
    xo
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. The sleeve rolled up red is great! Thank for dropping by. Have a great day. Dawn suitcase vignettes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...