Monday, March 25, 2013

Transitioning to Spring


Happy Monday. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was filled with birthday activities, including my daughters birthday party yesterday.  Nothing makes a parent more exhausted than a kid's birthday party, but she had a fabulous time and that's all that counts. I like everyone have been itching to bring out a few spring pieces. Since Mother Nature is not cooperating, I had to improvise. I recently purchased this INC fur vest at the thrift store and to incorporate into my spring wardrobe I paired it with my Gap white jeans and a three quarter length H&M blouse. Nothing says spring better than a great pair of white jeans. Those fur vest you have in your closet will work for the next few weeks for these chilly temperatures instead of a coat. If you need a DIY to make a fur vest with that old fur coat check this out.

Gap White Skinny Jeans - Similar,  INC black fur vest- Similar, H&M Polka Dot Shirt- Similar, Zara Black Ankle Pumps- Similar





What in your wardrobe makes you think of spring?

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous black and white look, Carrie. The white jeans are so classic. Thanks for linking up to Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Just discovered you today! Love you look and the short hair!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great style and haircut--beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black and white is fab !!! Super chic look

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute outfit, Carrie!
    I guess we both spent the weekend celebrating our kids bdays. Mine turned 24 and she wanted to go shopping. I miss the days of kid's parties with pizza and games!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's an uber cool transitional look! Want your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the thrifting queen! Love the black and white and poka dots! Swoon. Gorgeous as always.
    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your black and white combo. That vest is crazy bananas fabulous. Picked up a pair of white skinnies FINALLY last week. Of course, then we got about 10 more inches of snow (RAWR) so I won't be wearing them anytime soon. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great look! I similarly busted out all my white and pastel wardrobe pieces... even if spring isn't here yet I'm ready to start dressing like it!
    xL

    Enter to win a $300 Shopping Spree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so like this whole look on you. Sharp, clean. Black and White look a little different together these days. Not just default classics. Its a little edge that's put with them, I think. Specific, not just thrown together. The difference between the black and white of newsprint and a Franz Kline painting. Does that make sense?
    Regardless, you look rich and famous here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun outfit! You are sporting my favorite color combo. I cnan't wait until I can go outside without a coat on. Come on Spring!

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The difference between the black and white of newsprint and a Franz Kline painting. Does that make sense?
    Regardless, you look rich and famous here!Want your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this look-so chic!! I was contemplating whether I could still rock my faux fur in warmer weather and here I have it!!!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...