Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cold Temps, Hot Hue

Hi everyone! It was finally warm enough to wear my new Franco Sarto red flats I just purchased at Marshalls. Perfect timing for Valentine's Day.  I love this pop of color and they will get lots of wear and tear this spring and summer. I paired them with my Merona plaid blazer that I thrifted. It seems like the nautical look will be in full effect this spring, but I think it's always a classic look. My hair update is that it has been exactly two months of growth. I think it has grown between an 1 1/4 inch and 1/12 inch. Which is fabulous, because I have read that usually your hair grows a half an inch to one inch a month.  I have been styling it in a few different ways, which I will show soon, but today I just left it au naturel.  Growing my hair out is a process, since it was so short to begin with. I think the really awkward look will be happening soon. Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend and I have to get back to helping my kids make their Valentines.










These are a few pairs of red pointed toe flats I fancied.

 
Old Navy Sueded D'Orsay Flats




DJPremium Red Flats


Chinese Laundry Encino Cherry Flat


Do you have a red pair of flats? Have any great plans for the weekend?


Linking up at Monday Mingle, The Pleated Poppy ,and What I Wore Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family!
    I must say that your hair looks fantastic! I have decided to embrace the "awkward" stage as the "creative" stage. Where we wear hats, beanies, headbands and scarves..Boho anyone?

    Thanks for the lovely comment and I will keep that in mind when I feel discouraged.

    Oh, the shoes are delightful even though I am not a fan of red. I might have to reconsider. Thanks for the wonderful selection of flats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every inch adorable! Pretty shoes, and such a great deal on that jacket. I saw it on final clearance and have regretted not picking it up. You always have such fabulous taste.
    I love you hair at this length, and this color. Enjoy as it grows out ... there's a style for every length right now, it seems! Getting a cut tomorrow ... not much shorter, but it's in need of tidying up at 5 weeks.
    You asked how it came to the chopping block ... about 5 months ago, I burnt a big chunk off my hair by a run in with a lit candle! No damage other than that, but went to a bob... which I really hated on me. Happier with it shorter, but still a work in progress.
    Have a great week, darling girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...